Monday, November 21, 2011

Scandinavian Haven









I have always been drawn to the crisp whites of Scandinavian design, and so of course this home was just irresistible to me. The kitchen is just perfect. I would cook yummy pasta salads all afternoon, with the light pouring in through the generous windows, and have a friend or two playing the ukulele in the corner while we laugh over life's frivolity. Oh hawhawhaw! Life is grand.

But honestly, this is one of my favourite examples of Scandinavian design. The cheery yellow of the desk chair, along with the abundance of animal portraits on sheets and pillows, the rustic windows, the set of retro lockers... it all conveys such a clear, easy-living lifestyle. It's also inevitable that if the walls are painted such a white white, that the furniture and design of the home will speak for themselves. They dictate how the home will feel. Whether that is minimalist, retro, rustic, or romantic. Scandinavian design allows for you to express your individuality, but in a subtle way.

*m

ps. Sorry I left you without some rabbit ears for the weekend. I was away at a women's leadership conference. It was fascinating. Not to mention I met someone who is currently living my dream job - a sustainable architect, so I'm a happy camper.

Highly recommend you watch this documentary as soon as you can. It's appalling the direction our media is taking us.



{Living Agency}

1 comment:

  1. This is a great video, should be viewed by high school students of BOTH sexes! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete